Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Day in the Life at TPH

At the Preschool House, there are moments in each day where I find myself observing small groups of preschoolers throughout the school and in the back yard, each group highly engaged in play. It is a wonder to walk around and see each child as an integral part of a process. This occurs constantly at our school. When I stop and really observe these moments, I am blown away by what I see.

This is just one day in the life of the Tumbleweed group, and these are the amazing processes I observed throughout this day:

Outside in the morning:


















                                                             





Babies... "We're sleeping"
















Checking in... "Is there anything I can do?"








EB- "It's a fan. Someone stands under it and I move this rope and then the leaves move and they get cool."

   











    AK- "We're working really hard. It's a car."                                                                                      KC- "It's a bow and arrow!"





The Afternoon:




       













 Going on a "train"






Afternoon snack featuring peanuts in the shell.











                For the love of a pvc pipe and some friends.                                                                             The wonder of sap.
  
          





















“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”  ~Plato

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Briana, there is so much going on at your place & yet it looks so familiar because of the 'loose parts' you use. Thanks for allowing me a glimpse of your lovely setting, Kierna

    ReplyDelete