Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

New Beginnings





This week our new group is beginning at the infant house!  Welcome Cohort 6!




These first weeks together is our time to build trust and learn about each other.  There are moments of watching each other while we play and smile.  We find ownership over the space that supports our needs and is comfortable.  Parents connect with the space and with me, just as the children do.

During these first few weeks the topic of Basic Trust is in the forefront of my mind.  

Basic Trust

In my caregiver to see my authentic self, provide guidance, establish a predictable routine and guard my work and play as something sacred. 

In myself to be a self-motivated learner and initiator of play while 

In the environment to support basic needs and provide consistent scaffolding of interests within safe limits

In my peers to learn, love, listen and enjoy each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment