Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mixing Mediums

I don't have a lot to say about this art provocation. I set it up thinking it would be neat to mix the materials we've been using together: string, shaving cream, and paint.



I had no idea for sure where the children would go with it. I thought maybe they'd make the strings into little nest-like patches as that's how we'd used them the previous week when talking about homes.




Some of the children did not join in so I stepped away from the art provocation to be available for everyone. I was near the table if I was needed, though. Those that did join in were intent and driven by their own internal ideas.



I wasn't needed. Not until the very end. And the result was more amazing than anything I would have guided into reality.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment