Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Silk Wrestling

It's important to me to offer a variety of textures in the classroom.  It's why I have rocks and stumps and silks and sheepskins.  It's also why half of my room has a hardwood floor and the other a soft rug.  These changes in texture and materials gives the children an opportunity to experience various tactile opportunities as they move around the classroom.  Everyone is on their own path in movement and today the scarves proved quite interesting to everyone. 
Everyone used the scarves as a language for their explorations.
How does it feel in my hands?
Reaching, stretching, touching, pulling.







What does it taste like?
What is he doing with it?
What happens when I move it back and forth?
On the rug?  On my face?  On your arm?










No comments:

Post a Comment