Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Preparing for "Santa"

Twas the night before Christmas at the Tumbleweed Preschool House and in the back room, IO and IR were getting ready for Santa. I walked into the room and noticed many things taking place. I asked IO and IR if they had a story to tell me about what they were doing. This is what I observed and what they told me:
  IR: “This is the night before Christmas and MR's a Christmas tree.”
IO: “We don't have a Christmas tree, that's why she's our Christmas tree.”
IR: “We're putting our Christmas tree ornaments up on the house because we want our house to look pretty too.”
IO wrapped a glittery scarf around the door handle and said, “Yes, that's why we have a little thing and it's for Santa.”
IR: “And we don't use finger puppets on our fingers, we use them for Christmas ornaments.”
SF came in during the girls' story and IR began to include her in their play. I asked, “I wonder what SF is?”
IR: “She's another baby bad guy.”
Bee: “Are you guys baby bad guys too?”
IR: “No, we are adult bad guys.”
IO: “We go out hunting for jewelry in the town.”
Bee: “Is there anything else you want to tell me?”
IO noticed I was writing everything down, so then she said, “Now sign our names at the bottom.”







As soon as I finished writing their names, their play continued to get more in depth as they continued to “decorate.” I left the room to give them space to continue their play so their imaginations could roam freely without interruptions, providing no limits to where their play could take them!
 

1 comment: