Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Connections

A few months ago, Cohort 4 discovered rose petals on the asphalt. I had placed them in a small dish as a provocation. We felt them on our fingers, noses and passed them back and forth. As with many manipulatives that older infants use, soon they were tossed in the air, at each other, landing on the ground and on our heads. S and GW asked more using sign over and over again, and I took a huge handful of the soft petals and toss them up and over us. Laughter was in the air!
Once we had explored the petals for a while, S and GW noticed that there were more petals at the base of the large, pink rose bush nearby. A few of the roses were at the end of their bloom, so as the bush was bumped, more petals scattered to the ground! They crawled and walked to the grass around the bush to investigate closer.
The petals are on the ground! They feel soft on my hands. Leave the petals on the bush. Let's just use the ones that have fallen.” I repeated as the boys explored.
Suddenly GW pointed and said, “That!” I looked where he was pointing, and there was more flowers! Daisies and other pink ones, so he and S went to investigate. SC, T and I watched as we talked about where all of the flowers in the yard could be found.
You found more flowers! I wonder if you can find more...”

No comments:

Post a Comment