Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Observing Other Spaces


There are a few blogs that I frequent and Bending Birches is one of my favorites. I love the simplicity towards life that Waldorf brings, and this mama is constantly highlighting her hand work, her goals of becoming a Waldorf teacher and her own insights on parenting.

I was especially excited about her latest post which showed a local Waldorf Nursery, River Valley Waldorf School. I always love seeing new spaces and loved the soft, warm feel of this classroom, as well as all of the little touches that seem very do-able and inspiring for enhancing my environment at school. I loved the bird nest and the curtains that are draped on the play stands. I also got very excited about growing grains in terra cotta trays.

Check out the entire blog post Here.

Enjoy!
Briana

5 comments:

  1. The colors and simplicity make me feel peaceful and slow... I don't feel overwhelmed and could easily see myself able to feel present in that space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful space! I love the cloths hanging from the ceiling and the baskets hanging from a tree branch. It has such a natural, calming, feel to it. It is a very inspiring space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that giant wide-open center space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the activity can circle around it. Easy to slow things down that way. If you need space the open space isn't off to the side it's right in the middle. Keeps it easy for children to calm down before transitioning to another activity.

    ReplyDelete